What to expect from Knaus in 2019 in terms of our corporate social responsibility: A clearer view on plastic and waste reduction. Fast moving consumer goods companies, we believe, have the duty to improve their recyclability and plan for a greener future. Our promises this year to our customers, partners and consumers –
- Knaus bottles and branded sleeves are now 100% recyclable.
- Knaus sleeves are perforated for easy separation, you should always separate componentry when safe to do so.
- Knaus triggers and caps are not currently recycled as they are designed with safety requirements in mind, we are currently working on a sustainable solution to this which will be rolled out by 2020.
- Knaus products are dispatched to supermarkets and online in unprinted brown boxes.
- Our Knaus bottles are made from HDPE 2 plastic. Products made from Type 2 HDPE recycled plastic are considered Eco-friendly because they are made mainly from post-consumer products and are recyclable at the end of their useful life https://cambrianpackaging.co.uk/pages/
- Knaus bottles and triggers contain no carbon black pigments.
- HDPE plastic is the most environmentally stable of all plastics – giving off no harmful fumes into the environment. It doesn’t contain BPA, Allergens, Heavy Metals or Phthalates. HDPE Solutions will go towards out commitment to aligning our caps and triggers to our environmental future objectives laid out above.
We look forward to a sustainable, innovative future for our brand, where our products surpass expectations and deliver unrivalled appliance and technology care.